Injuries and damages that you sustain from an intersection collision can quite possibly alter the course of your life forever. If you would like to seek the financial compensation that you are entitled to, follow along to discover how a proficient auto accident lawyer in New Jersey of the Law Office of Craig M. Rothenberg can assist you in filing a personal injury claim.
What are the frequent causes of intersection collisions in the state of New Jersey?
While intersection collisions may be caused by external factors, such as faulty traffic control devices, they are more frequently caused by driver negligence. Examples of such negligence include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The driver practiced inadequate surveillance when crossing the intersection.
- The driver had false assumptions about the other driver’s actions when crossing the intersection, such as that the driver was breaking, turning, etc.
- The driver practiced poor judgment when crossing the intersection, such as miscalculating a gap, the other driver’s speed, etc.
- The driver was distracted when crossing the intersection, such as navigating the GPS, texting while driving, etc.
- The driver was reckless when crossing the intersection, such as speeding, ignoring traffic signals/signs, etc.
- The driver crossed an intersection with an obstructed view.
- The driver made an illegal maneuver at an intersection.
What approach should I take if I am involved in an intersection collision?
Intersection collisions frequently result in serious injuries, such as brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, serious fractures, etc., due to the sheer force of the automobiles involved. That said, if you were involved in this type of accident, you must take the following approach to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim:
- Call the police so they can document the incident and send medical treatment to the scene.
- Capture photos and videos of your injuries, damages, and dangers at the scene that had a hand in your accident.
- Trade contact information with the other driver involved and any present witnesses at the scene.
- Seek medical attention at the scene and follow-up appointments so that medical documents can be collected.
- Employ a talented personal injury lawyer in Clinton, New Jersey before the statute of limitations, which, in New Jersey, is typically two years from the date of your intersection collision accident.
Contact an NJ Personal Injury Lawyer Today
No matter where or how you or a loved one were injured, if the injury was caused by someone else, we are here to help ensure that you are fully and fairly compensated. Our legal team handles cases involving auto accidents, defective products, slip and falls, dog bites, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, work injuries, wrongful death and more. Contact the Law Office of Craig M. Rothenberg today to schedule your free case evaluation with our skilled personal injury law firm.